Preventing fraud and protecting dentists
- instream Direct Pay is in the unique position of aggregating payments on behalf of multiple Payors across Canada; as a result instream Direct Pay controls the flow for all assigned benefit payments for all Direct Pay Payors for a given Dentist.
- To prevent fraud and protect dentists instream choose to enforce a strict know your customer policy to prevent fraud, and protect Dentists. The Electronic Identity Verification (EIV) used for registration meets this standard, while also enabling Dentists to register quickly and easily.
- Electronic Identity Verification requires the dentist verify personal information (CDAnet UIN,CDAnet Office ID,First Name,Last Name,DOB,Personal Address,Personal Credit Card #) and is completed by Trans Union’s Identity Verification Service.
- With the exception of your name and CDAnet information instream retains none of the personal information used to verify your identity.
Protecting Patient Health Information
- The detailed statements associated with payments contain private patient health information. To protect this information users must verify their identity in order for instream to provide access to them. This is done via providing the valid access code linked to a statement or completing registration.
Dentists at the foundation
- When Payors send an assigned benefit payment to a dentist it is sent to a dentist for procedures they performed at a specific a dental office.
- instream Direct Pay does the very same thing but aggregates multiple assigned payments from multiple Payors into a single payment. These payments remain as they did before, sent to a specific dentist for procedures performed at a specific office.
- As payments are sent to Dentists for work completed at specific offices, instream Direct Pay’s registration and access permissions are designed with this at its foundation.
Why dentists should complete registration
- Dentists should always complete registration personally.
- Registration provides dentists with access to powerful features like controlling the method of payment for all assigned benefit payments for all locations where they practice as well as access to two years worth of detailed statements for all locations where they practice.
- Owners can provide associate dentists with the banking information they wish the associate to apply to the method of payment for their location.
- For more information on how to change your method of payment click here.
- Direct Pay provides Dentists with the granularity of roles; this enables dentists to give dental office staff at specific offices access to the assigned benefit payment details they need to reconcile their accounts. This is done while also restricting staffs access to other sensitive account properties like the method of payment among others. For instructions on how to add staff click here.
Setup Direct Deposit
- After registration its important to setup direct deposit for dentists who want it.
- For instructions on how to setup direct deposit click here.
- Once registered it’s important that dentists add staff accounts for their staff at each one of their locations.
This will provide staff access to historical detailed statements.
- For instructions on how to add staff click here.
Benefits of registration
- Choose between cheques or direct deposit
- Provide staff access to statements
- Access to past statements
- Email notifications
Best of all registration is FREE!